Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lotto
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Lotto
Please talk about Lotto here in this thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Lotto
I have read in an article that you have the best chance to win if you just randomly pick out the numbers!! Can´t find the article anymore, but it was a blog about mathematics.
I have been picking out the numbers randomly at https://www.multilotto.com/en/
I like playing the lottery in different countries. Hopefully that will also increase my chance of winning. So far no luck, but hopefully soon!
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: Lotto
(29-07-2016 08:42 AM)LadyRainbow Wrote:  I have read in an article that you have the best chance to win if you just randomly pick out the numbers!! Can´t find the article anymore, but it was a blog about mathematics.
I have been picking out the numbers randomly at https://www.multilotto.com/en/
I like playing the lottery in different countries. Hopefully that will also increase my chance of winning. So far no luck, but hopefully soon!

Well I don't know where you read it, and I don't care who wrote it, but it's WRONG.

If it had said you have an EQUAL chance with random numbers, then that's more like it. That would be hard to disprove. Lotteries are random but just like the weather, they can get into seasonal behaviour, where for a short time they follow a trend, and if you spot it, you can exploit it. Over the past 22 years in this and other forums, challenges have taken place where contestants have submitted a selection of numbers for the next lotto, and competed with each other and with a set of constant numbers and a set of random numbers. This took place over a minimum of 20 draws. I cannot remember any occasion when the random numbers won! Now that the UK lottery has changed to 59 numbers I would suggest that random numbers now come very close to bespoke ones in their success rate due to the much increased odds against a win. However those of us that have been doing this for years prefer to think we have the edge on random numbers.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Icon_cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user