Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HotPicks Discussion
27-04-2013, 02:25 PM
HotPicks Discussion
Please feel free to discuss anything about Lotto HotPicks here in this new thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: HotPicks Discussion
Hi All
Well Lotto pick five prize money is now £350,000 that's excellent!!!
But what makes me mad is you only have to pay £1 a ticket,
Yet if you play Lotto's Main Game it cost's you £2 a ticket
and most times the prize money for five numbers and the bonus number
are hundred's of thousand's less.

My tip for any Lotto player is start playing Pick Five instead
you can buy two tickets and change one number.
you never know you my win twice.

i.e. example below
Your ticket's covers numbers

if 01,02,03,04,05,06 are drawn
in the first six numbers you could win
2 X £350,000 = £700,000 Ylsuper
04-03-2016, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 10:20 PM by ragnorak.)
(27-01-2016 05:10 PM)Len Wrote:  Hi All

I concur. I think of it like this: Why do we play the lottery? To win a life-changing amount of money on one lucky night. So which game gives us the best chance of achieving that? Well Lotto was always difficult, and with the addition of 10 more numbers it's now 3 times as virtually impossible as it was before. Even worse, the 5+bonus prize fund has become quite pitiful at the same time as being 3.5 times harder to win - as a prime example, in the last draw there was only one winner of that prize yet it was only £55,323. In the old days you could win around £250,00 if you were the only winner! If you play Lotto you DO have about a 1 in 5 million chance of winning the millionaire raffle IF you only play on Wednesdays (ticket sales are double on Saturday so it's 1 in 10 million). But honestly that's still pretty hopeless...

With Lotto Hotpicks however, the odds are only 1 in 834,398 for a guaranteed £350,000 prize - no need to worry about sharing it! The value-to-odds ratio is also quite reasonable and compares well to what the bookmakers would offer for a similar prize level. Better still, the cost is half of what you'd pay for a ticket for Lotto! Sure, there may not be any smaller prizes to make you feel good along the way but the money you save by paying £1 instead of £2 per line more than makes up for it - it's like winning £25 for every 25 tickets you buy (something you'd probably have to buy 88 tickets to achieve on Lotto) Icon_biggrin

If you want to play with 6 numbers to give yourself a better chance you can simply perm them for £6 - the cost of just 3 lines on Lotto. The odds then are 1 in 144,415.

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous - Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2016, 10:30 PM
(04-03-2016 10:09 PM)ragnorak Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 05:10 PM)Len Wrote:  Hi All

I concur. I think of it like this: Why do we play the lottery? To win a life-changing amount of money on one lucky night. So which game gives us the best chance of achieving that? Well Lotto was always difficult, and with the addition of 10 more numbers it's now 3 times as virtually impossible as it was before. Even worse, the 5+bonus prize fund has become quite pitiful at the same time as being 3.5 times harder to win - as a prime example, in the last draw there was only one winner of that prize yet it was only £55,323. In the old days you could win around £250,00 if you were the only winner! If you play Lotto you DO have about a 1 in 10 million chance of winning the millionaire raffle IF you only play on Wednesdays (ticket sales are double on Saturday so it's 1 in 20 million). But honestly that's still pretty hopeless...

With Lotto Hotpicks however, the odds are only 1 in 834,398 for a guaranteed £350,000 prize - no need to worry about sharing it! The value-to-odds ratio is also quite reasonable and compares well to what the bookmakers would offer for a similar prize level. Better still, the cost is half of what you'd pay for a ticket for Lotto! Sure, there may not be any smaller prizes to make you feel good along the way but the money you save by paying £1 instead of £2 per line more than makes up for it - it's like winning £25 for every 25 tickets you buy (something you'd probably have to buy 88 tickets to achieve on Lotto) Icon_biggrin

If you want to play with 6 numbers to give yourself a better chance you can simply perm them for £6 - the cost of just 3 lines on Lotto. The odds then are 1 in 144,415.

Hi Ragnorak
It's good to see you back!
I agree with all you have posted, I did email Camelot and ask them if they
can take some money from roll overs and add it to five and the bonus winners
but they said they had no plans to change how the prize money is paid out.

I see tonight on Thunderball and Euro millions all the five numbers
on both draws have the same digital ending's ?

As I've said before pick four or pick five is a better bet.

Best Regards
Len
05-03-2016, 04:32 AM
(04-03-2016 10:30 PM)Len Wrote:  I see tonight on Thunderball and Euro millions all the five numbers
That is a wonderful coincidence, well-spotted! Whenever I see something like this I am sure it must mean something.

05-03-2016, 12:05 PM
(05-03-2016 04:32 AM)ragnorak Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 10:30 PM)Len Wrote:  I see tonight on ThunderBall and Euro millions all the five numbers
That is a wonderful coincidence, well-spotted! Whenever I see something like this I am sure it must mean something.

Hi Ragnorak

On Lotto the last two draws did not have
any digital endings the same,

and on ThunderBall and Euro Millions the 4th March
they too did not have any digital endings the same?
05-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Hi Ragnorak,

I thought I would just say how good it is to see you back here, and I hope you will stay with us for a while. I can see the wisdom in both Len and your words on this hotpicks topic. Whilst I am currently still with the Lotto, but with a lot less tickets than in days of old ,I can manage to live on £350,000 so hotpicks does have a life changing prize at a good value for money ticket price. Conspiracy theorists suggest that Camelot read these boards, so keep an eye on the ticket price , it might go up soon! Rotflol
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
(05-03-2016 02:32 PM)Frank Wrote:  Hi Ragnorak,

I thought I would just say how good it is to see you back here, and I hope you will stay with us for a while. I can see the wisdom in both Len and your words on this hotpicks topic. Whilst I am currently still with the Lotto, but with a lot less tickets than in days of old ,I can manage to live on £350,000 so hotpicks does have a life changing prize at a good value for money ticket price. Conspiracy theorists suggest that Camelot read these boards, so keep an eye on the ticket price , it might go up soon! Rotflol
Hi Frank,

It's great to see you and everyone who's still active here too, it was a joy to find this place still going. I've been busy on other things like developing my PHP skills, but felt a calling to the lottery again in recent months.

I'm not concerned that Camelot will raise the price of Hotpicks because the prize structure is too simple for that, but what they could do is remove the game using the excuse that it doesn't attract enough sales. I hope that doesn't give them any ideas!

05-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Hi All
Well three sets of numbers on Lotto
had the same digital endings 11,41-37,47-19,29
the clues were there.